Washington, D.C (December 17, 2014) – The Coalition for ICD-10, a broad-based healthcare industry advocacy group, today announced the addition of Premier, Inc. to its member roster. Premier, a leading healthcare improvement company, unites an alliance of approximately 3,400 U.S. hospitals and 110,000 other providers to enable better care and outcomes at a lower cost.
The Coalition for ICD-10 brings together hospitals, health plans, medical device manufacturers, coding specialists, physician office managers, and health information technology (HIT) vendors united in support of U.S. adoption of the ICD-10 coding standard. The Coalition for ICD-10 promotes the critical importance of ICD-10 to improving quality measurement, public health surveillance, clinical research, and healthcare payment through research, education, advocacy, and mobilization.
“ICD-10 codes are more precise, enabling more robust healthcare research, as well as more accurate reimbursement,” said Blair Childs, Premier’s senior vice president of public affairs. “Health systems have invested millions in new technologies and training programs to prepare for the new standard. Now is the time to implement this important advancement in healthcare.”
In addition to Premier, the Coalition for ICD-10 includes:
- Advanced Medical Technology Association (AdvaMed)
- Altegra Health
- American Health Information Management Association (AHIMA)
- American Hospital Association (AHA)
- American Medical Billing Association (AMBA)
- American Medical Informatics Association (AMIA)
- America’s Health Insurance Plans (AHIP)
- BlueCross BlueShield Association
- College of Healthcare Information Management Executives (CHIME)
- Healthcare Financial Management Association (HFMA)
- Health IT Now Coalition
- Leidos Health
- Medical Device Manufacturers Association (MDMA)
- Professional Association of Health Care Office Management (PAHCOM)
- Roche Diagnostics Corporation
- Siemens Health Services
- 3M Health Information Systems
Visit the Coalition for ICD-10 website to learn more.
About Premier, Inc.
Premier, Inc. is a leading healthcare improvement company, uniting an alliance of approximately 3,400 U.S. hospitals and 110,000 other providers to transform healthcare. With integrated data and analytics, collaboratives, supply chain solutions, and advisory and other services, Premier enables better care and outcomes at a lower cost. Premier, a Malcolm Baldrige National Quality Award recipient, plays a critical role in the rapidly evolving healthcare industry, collaborating with members to co-develop long-term innovations that reinvent and improve the way care is delivered to patients nationwide. Headquartered in Charlotte, N.C., Premier is passionate about transforming American healthcare. www.premierinc.com